Yes Please! For those of us living an Organic Lifestyle we avoid toxins, gmo’s and synthetics at all cost! For us ladies, when it comes to makeup, we usually just try our best to find products that will do the least amount of damage. For a very long time I used the EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Database to find out just how toxic my beauty products were. With this I could see just how toxic the makeup I was using was. Lots of conventional makeup contains ingredients that actually age your skin, which is no good. After finding this new Makeup brand, I am hooked and won’t be using anything else, want to know why?
This makeup is made of only the good stuff. The ingredients in this makeup are actually beneficial to your skin! The ingredients are so pure you could eat them, no joke! Read below to find out what is in everything!
When you open this face powder you can smell the ginger in it! That’s a good sign that the product is made up of REAL ingredients. The elements used to create this face powder also have some added health benefits such as making you skin softer, hydrating the skin, and even contains elements that naturally have an anti-aging effect on the skin.
Tricks with the face powders from Olga's: While the medium face powder is not labeled bronzer, if you are fair skinned like myself, that’s exactly what you can use for it! The Translucent can also act as a mineral veil, to lock in your look once you've completed, or use it to brighten under the eyes.
Ingredients: Arrowroot Flour*, Cacao Powder*, Cinnamon*, Nutmeg*, Bentonite Clay, Ginger*, Lavender Essential Oil*, and a proprietary blend of Non GMO Vitamin(s) and USDA Organic Oils. (VEGAN) *USDA Certified Organic Ingredient.
Benefits of Ingredients
- Arrowroot Flour: Makes skin silkier and smoother by enabling it to absorb moisture. Rich source of Folates and Vitamins A and C.
- Cacao: Includes vitamins C and Magnesium that protect the skin and keep it hydrated.
- Cinnamon: The anti-bacterial properties enhance and fight skin dryness.
- Nutmeg: A natural astringent which provides relief with skin blemishes and acne.
- Ginger: Contains around 40 antioxidant compounds that protect against aging.
- Bentonite Clay: Causes accelerated healing and nourishment to the skin.
These are my favorite products! It’s like organic lip balm that colors your lips! When you apply the tint, you’ll feel the refreshing effect of peppermint essential oil. They come in six amazing shades, there’s one for every occasion in your life. I think using organic lip products is extra important because if it's on your lips, there is a good chance that you might end up ingesting some of it throughout the day. Or if you are kissing someone, they might end up with the residue in their mouth. Best be safe and just stick to the nontoxic stuff!
Ingredients: Cocoa Butter*, Shea Butter*, Coconut Oil*, Candelilla Wax, Mica,
Peppermint Essential Oil*. *USDA Certified Organic Ingredient
Benefits of Ingredients
- Shea Butter: Stimulates the production of collagen that prevents premature wrinkles and facial lines.
- Coconut Oil: Great skin moisturizer and natural sun screen.
- Cocoa Butter: Is a natural moisturizer that provides deep hydration, perfect for chapped lips.
- Candelilla Wax: Acts as a barrier to prevent moisture loss, great vegan alternative to beeswax.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Easily absorbed into the body, has antimicrobial properties that help freshen breath in addition to providing a cooling effect on your lips.
Mineral Eye Shadow
Ok, so I don’t even want to limit these powders by calling them eye shadows because you can use a few of the shades to give yourself great highlights on your cheek, nose, and upper lip. You can check out the videos below to see how I do it. These powders are really great for a variety of looks. Anything from a night out on the town, to a casual lunch date. And again, there are no harsh chemicals in these powders.
Ingredients: Arrowroot Flour*, Mica, Magnesium Sterate, Silica.
Again, with the blush we have a product that is free from nano particles, parabens, Bismuth Oxychloride, talc, synthetic dyes, fillers, fragrance and preservatives. The ingredients for the blush are the same as the eye shadow. This blush goes on very bold, but when you blend it correctly it looks perfectly natural.
All ingredient infomration found at Olga's Organics website.
I’ve created a few little video tutorials if you’d like to see how I use this brand for different looks. I love brands like Olga’s Organics because they give us more options in our daily routine. If you’re looking to really start living toxin free, I’d suggest switching up your makeup routine and add an organic element.
Stay Beautiful lovelies,